Saturday 29 October 2011

Don't mind me: I'm just feeling a bit nostalgic, right now.

My family is rather large, with many members and many different personalities..the noise level reaches the stratosphere when everyone gets together..we are all crazy in alot of (different) ways, we grate on each others nerves and we get into heated debates. But at the end of the day we love each other. The loud noise is just enjoyment of each others' company. The crazy is just part of life..a life we share together. We grate on each others nerves but it increases our patience. And we engage in heated debates to call each other on to better understanding and behavior.

Yes we get angry with one another, but without anger there is no cause to forgive. I think it's important to practice forgiveness within your family so that when you are faced with an affront out in the world forgiveness is already second nature.

Family is there to teach us about life. We interact and we react.  When everything seems bleak, we have a good cry together. Then, we'll find something funny and laugh till it hurts. Together.

We are far from perfect and I don't always understand everyone but I love them. And they teach me something new every single day. I have a new appreciation for my family this week, being home for a few days for a wedding, I get to see all the different personalities  in a fresh light. You know what they say: "you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family." That may be true. I did choose all my friends and among them are my family members. I think that says alot about the caliber of people they are.


I am definitely enjoying my GAP year and I know it's where I'm supposed to be, but I sure will miss my family when I go back to Dublin! Thanks for reading and my apologies for the sap. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment